Sunday, December 5, 2010

Birth story of Clovine.

Clovine Wong Zi Xuan, 黄紫绚 -

On 30 November at 8 plus, was feeling slight cramps on and off. Didn't think it was contractions as I didn't know how it really feels plus Clovine kept giving me false alarms so didn't think much. Pain continued and slowly my lower back and the area around my private parts started to get really crampy. Timed  the contractions and it was around 6-7mins apart. Observed till like 1am plus but pain did not go away. Was asking mummies for help to make sure if what I'm feeling was contractions and they advised me to go to the hospital. Still I was unsure if I was really in labour as we made a wasted trip down previously and I did not want another wasted trip. In the end hubby decided to drive me over to the hospital lots of consideration.

Reached hospital around 2am, nurse checked my cervix and I was already dilated 4cm! Was very shocked because I expected the pain to be really intense when I've dilated so much but glad it was still tolerable for me. Was admitted and directed to labour ward at 2.30am. Got to relax in the room with hubby while watching tv and him playing with the Itouch for more than an hour. At that time I still can't believe I was going to give birth already. Lol.

3.30am, pain contractions got more intense and by 4.30 it was unbearable already! Requested for laughing gas and kept on sniffing it. Read from blogs that sniffing when contractions come would help alot. Pain got more and more unbearable and I was starting to scream! Hubby kept asking me to take epidural since I really can't tolerate. But I was determined not to! Was kinda tempted after awhile but when nurse checked my cervix, it was around 7cm already. So decided to count on sniffing the gas for pain relief. Hubby super poor thing as I kept on grabbing his arms and chest. Lol I even stained his white shirt with my blood! So advice for the other mummies to be, ask your partners to wear dark coloured shirt on your delivery day. Haha! Hubby was pressing the laughing gas mask down on my face forcing me to keep breathing it so all the way I was on the mask! But also thanks to him I managed to numb the pain :)

At around 5 plus, the pain got super unbearable. Got the feeling of wanting to shit but cannot shit like I had constipation for years! The feeling was so unbearable! Nurse said that baby's head coming out that's why will have the shit feeling. At that time super feel like pushing alrdy. 6am nurse checked cervix was around 9cm. So she started preparing those things. Kept asking her how long more how long more. Than was asked to push whenever I felt contractions. The feeling was like constipation for months like that! After a few push I was getting strength-less! Heard hubby say I even tried to close my legs when the baby's head was halfway out and stopped pushing already! Scared him and the nurse till she kept calling for SOS. Lol. I was strength-less and dizzy till I don't know what I was doing thanks to the laughing gas. In the end gave a few push and I heard Clovine's cry!!!! The sound was so damn adorable I swear!

There's also one thing, I was pretty sure of that Clovine was out at around 6.20 plus am but the nurse actually wrote 6.45am!!! Even hubby said so! Was kinda feeling kinda annoyed with the inaccurate timing After that I totally lie on the bed feeling super dizzy while waiting for the doctor to come sew my wound. Waited for more than an hour! Which made me super annoyed and frustrated! The waiting time already made my body "un-numb" so when the doctor tried inject anesthetic below, it was so damn painful! In the end I had to request for laughing gas throughout the process! What's worst is I think the wound was not sewn properly because the wound still hurt even after a week! I couldn't even walk or sit down properly even after I was discharged! The pain was so bad even after a week that I had no choice but to make a visit to the 24 hours clinic in the wee hours. Ended up it was an infection which doctor said it's because I did not wash it propery when I wash it like few times a day! Well I guessed the reason I had fever right after I delivered was also due to the infection. The fever also resulted in me not being able to breastfeed Clovine right away.

Thank goodness I was able to go through delivery without epidural and it was a really fast delivery which took like only 4 hours! Was discharged the next day after delivery but Clovine is still in the hospital as her jaundice level is too high! Hopefully she'll be able to come home with us later. Have been going to the hospital everyday to visit and pump milk for her. She's so chubby! Initially she was put under antibiotics with needles poked in her tiny hands. The sight of the needles poking into her was so heart wrenching that it made me cry.

Really grateful to those who came and vist me. Thank you Yanntorng and Yeexin for the hello kitty jacket they bought for Clovine which she'll only be able to wear when she's 3-4 years old -.-" and the sunflower!

Most importantly, I'm really grateful to my beloved hubby for being there for me throughout the whole pregnancy and delivery. Always giving in to me and never once complained, treating me like a queen and also planting kisses on my lips and tummy every single day! I Love you so much hubby. Thank you for every thing! I'll do my best to be a good wife to you and good mummy to Clovine.

Heavy Baby! All the nurses kept saying hot Chubby she is!
Well it's also thanks to the supper and Mcdonald meals I had almost every night with hubby!
Can't imagine how much more heavy she'll be if I hadn't stop having mcdonalds one month before she was born!

Daddy feeding little Clovine for the first time!

I believe he'll be a really good daddy to Clovine!

The gifts from yanntorng and yeexin aunties!

The gift pack from KK hospital!
Clovine's Bed :D

Clovine's beansprout pillow hand-sewn by myself!