Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Acnes Medicated Skincare

Review

Breakfree from Acne with just 3 simple steps with Acnes Medicated skincare!
-

Redeemed this free pack of sample weeks ago from Acnes Facebook page. If you've followed my twitter, you might have noticed I've been struggling with acne for some months already. So let's see if this Acnes Medicated range has helped improve my acne skin!


As you can see, Mentholatum was really generous with their sample kit! This kit is definitely enough for you to see the difference on your skin in a week!

Step 1: Cleanse with Acnes Creamy wash
My face feels really clean after using the wash! It feels oil free and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry.

Step 2: Tone with Acnes powder lotion
I love this lotion! It leaves a tingly mint feel on my face which makes me skin feel fresh! Another plus is that it contains oil absorbing powder which mattify my skin! Contains Vit. C for moisture retention and also unclog and refine pores! LOVE IT!

Step 3: Treat with Acnes sealing jell
This jell helps get rid of my pimples fast without drying up my skin!


Below are the results of me using the skincare for 3-4 days. 
(Might be a little scary and 100% w/o editing)



From this picture, you can see how different my skin as compared to day 1 and day 4! The red spots are less visible and my skin is alot smoother.




A few tips I would like to share with those who are prone to acne.

Tip 1: Never ever squeeze your pimples, blackheads or whiteheads or it'll make your complexion even worst! That's what happened to me because I have itchy hands and I tend to find whiteheads to squeeze which got worst and became pimples. So now I try not to touch or squeeze anything out of my face an it becomes better. Still looking for a good product or mask that helps with clogged pores.

Tip 2: Add a little salt into your basin of water to wash your face. Salt helps kill bacteria and if used over a period of time it will improve your complexion. Alternatively you can use vinegar but I would not reccommend cos it smells like rotten eggs :/

Tip 3: Medication for acne is just temporary. It comes back after you stop taking the pills and it harms our body. I visited a dermatologist last year after I had a major breakout 6 months after I gave birth to Clovine. I guess it was due to hormonal changes which is very depressing. Doctor prescribed a few medicines for me to take and I took it for a few months. Yes my complexion improved alot with the products I bought from the clinic. Stopped for a few months and the breakouts came back again this year around april. But what I can say is everyone has a different body so it might or might not work for you. Maybe I shall blog about my skin problems and stuffs in another post :)


Like Acnes's FB page now to redeem your sample and also get to know their latest promotions and new products!
Visit www.acnes.com.sg for their full range of product info.