Sunday, March 24, 2013

Our first CNY in Ipoh

If you've read my CNY eve post you would have known how much fun I had celebrating CNY in Ipoh!

On the first day of cny, Fil drove us to Taiping ,which is further down from Ipoh about an hour ride, to visit my Mil's family. 
Hmm first time seeing that side of the family and it was so awkard because Hubby hasn't been back for like 10 years and he couldn't regconise most of his relatives -.-"
Something different about CNY there is that they don't exchange nor carry mandarin oranges to visiting and of cos Ang bao money was so much lesser cos its in ringgit and if you manage to get a rm10 angbao you're really lucky alrdy cos mostly is just rm2. LOL


 *OMG IM SO ANGRY NOW!
BECAUSE I MARK A FEW PICTURES ON MY IPHONE AND INSTEAD OF EMAILING IT TO MY COMP, I DELETED IT!!!!!
&$#*$%&#@(%$#
SO ANGRY COS ONE OF IT IS HUBBY'S PHOTO OF WHEN HE WAS AROUND 4YO TAKEN FROM THEIR FAMILY PORTRAIT! URGH!!!!


Okay chilled and back to my post...

 Ang baos used this year! :)

Day 1's #OOTD from Agneselle
The bag is my advanced birthday present from Hubby! :D



After Taiping, we headed back to the Kampung to visit Nic's grandma for another round of Yusheng and dinner.


Camwhoring with my little girl! 
"Look at my swag face" 

Presenting Chun Li!

Bun up 2 buns for her and flower hair clips!

So cute right?!

But so chor lor! Lucky her dress didn't spilt like mine when I was young.
LOLLOL TWICE OKAY?
First year I wore a cheongsum and it spilt up to my waist.
Second year I wore a two piece pants one, my pants spilt.
All my relatives still can't stop laughing at how chor lor I am. Gosh...
But that was when I'm really young lah okay? 
At least now I'm not? HAHAHAHA.

Chor lor girl and sha daddy!

Back home...
 This naughty girl is up to mischief again. Kept throwing stuffs out at the dog.
-.-"


Sibei unglam. "Why daddy always make me so unglam in pictures?!"

"AHHHH! MY ORANGES!!!" Another candid by le daddy -.-

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! 
Got her this dress from Poney last minute at Ipoh parade!
So cute right? But my mum says she looks like mini ah ma when I sent her the picture -.-
"Gong xi ahh cai" is what she says. 
Lol who's ah cai?


Day 2 of CNY was another day spent at the Grandma's house.

#OOTD for Day 2
White Midi dress that I won from Gelliz

She knelt on the floor and posed as hubby took shots of her!

A very big piece of land!

Clovine and daddy!
Just realised this duo always has the same same kind of expression in almost every picture they took together!

Kampung Nalla. Not very high tech or modern but very relaxing and full of ren qing wei.
That's what I really liked about kampung life, no stress.

Hehe so cute with the just wake up hair and face *PINCH

Hubby modelling for his new watch that I got for him for Valentine's day this year.
So happy that he can't stop grinning. Lol.
I even purposely wrapped it in a shoe box and his shirt to see his disappointment cos I'm sure he was expecting a watch. Hahaha.
Though he said he knew its a watch in it but I seriously saw his disappointed face when he saw the the big box of present. LOL.



They always look so cute together! No wonder people say a daughter is a dad's best accessories like David Beckham like that. Lol.

Clovine always walks like a cartoon. Either marching or shaking her booty ALOT!

"90 Degrees march hor!"

Why you so adorable?! ^^
Clovine's #OOTD for day 2, a pretty Hello kitty dress my mum bought for her!
She has been pestering me to let her wear it by saying kitty kitty whenever I help her change -.-
Wear liao keep turning in circles holding her dress! Really very vain.

As for shoes, its from H&M which I got some time ago for her Cny clothes.
So extremely cute!!!!!

Rare kind of tortise which is Hubby's uncle's pet!

Clovine and her so called cousin kept pestering people to take out the tortise.
Think they wanna give it freedom. Lol.

Sly smile again liao....


Not forgetting we had so much fun riding on the scooters around the kampong with Clovine sitting in the front and me behind hubby! It was really fun!
I really envy how they used to do that in the past as their childhood! All they did was go to their friends hse one by one and all of them would just get on their scooters and follow us!
SUPER ON AND STEADY!

Spotted a few kitties hiding under the table at a nasi stall! 

BOO! Check out my blue eyes!

Pork trotters

Kampong chicken

Sorry I had to show this to spoil your appetite after raising it. LOL
But I find it really effective in trapping those annoying flies! Kinda sick yet kinda fun looking at it die ;S


Groceries shopping after dinner is my favourite thing to do there because their supermarkets such as Tesco and Jusco are huge, cheap and interesting!!!


"Papa I want this book!"

"This one! This one!" 
Her posture so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Papa see is it good anot first then give you okay? Hmm I can learn also leh!"
Lol okay abit random.

Told ya we had fireworks show every night!!! 
Hubby said it goes on till the last day of cny! Shiokness :D

Life's great with this beef ramily burger for supper and enjoying fireworks at the same time!

Super yums one! Better than the ones in SG's pasar malam and definitely cheaper!
The difference between ipoh and sg one is the sauce. 
The one we have here is black pepper sauce while the one they have is the maggi sauce!
Damn yummy!!!!
SG sell one at SGD3+, Ipoh sell theirs at RM3+!
They also have different kind of burgers and you can choose what you wanna add.
I NEED ONE NOW! T_T

More fireworks!

Created this gif with the snapshots took using the smart photo selector mode on my Nikon J1!
Love this mode especially for taking fast moving scenes and one best example is Clovine! 
Lol.

Last but not least, what's cny without gambling right? YAY!


Had the best CNY there and I really hope we could go back for CNY next year and the year after and another year after! It was really enjoyable and relaxing. So much so I really didn't wanna leave.


Next post: CNY day 3 and 4